WHAT IS COVERED: Upon payment of the deductible amount per visit, and per the coverage plan selected on the front of this Limited Warranty, the Issuing Dealer will cover the cost of mechanical repairs to the powertrain components listed below without additional charge to You, except those listed under the WHAT IS NOT COVERED section. Replacement of any part may be made with new parts or parts of like kind and quality at the time of breakdown, at the option of the Issuing Dealer.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED: This Limited Warranty will cover only those items listed under “What is Covered” and does not cover the following: Incidental or consequential damages or loss caused by breakdown of components (or otherwise) including; property damage, personal injury, inconvenience, loss of Your Vehicle use and commercial loss. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You. Any pre-existing condition, including any mechanical breakdown, loss, damage or expense that results from a pre-existing condition. Commercial use, including being used for hire to public (e.g. delivery or delivery services) or to transport people for hire (e.g. Uber, Lyft), is excluded and will void coverage under this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for; (i) repairs required because of: collision, abuse, overheating, or operation without proper lubrication or coolant, road conditions, misuse, negligence, alterations, racing, accidents, fires, flood, freezing, rust, corrosion or other environment damage, riots, acts of God, vandalism, theft, lack of reasonable and proper maintenance, abuse through towing or improper load capacity, abuse through continued operation of Your Vehicle while impaired, or any other losses normally covered by casualty insurance; (ii) excessive oil consumption, loss of compression, or gradual reduction in operating performance; (iii) repairs beyond those required to correct a covered failure; (iv) repairs of components which have been modified or added to the Your Vehicle after Your Vehicle Date of Sale; (v) repairs performed by someone other than the Issuing Dealer or licensed Repair Facility with prior authorization; (vi) rental or towing expenses beyond what is covered under the Towing Assistance coverage; (vii) repairs, retrofit or replacement of any components caused by or due to compliance with any law or legislation; (viii) any repairs if the odometer of Your Vehicle has been altered, tampered with, disconnected or in any way misrepresents Your Vehicle’s actual mileage; (ix) repairs covered by any manufacturer’s warranty or manufacturer’s emissions warranty on Your Vehicle (whether or not transferred with Your Vehicle), manufacturer’s recall, factory bulletins or breakdowns of components caused by a defect the manufacturer has publicly announced it would correct but which You failed to have corrected; (x) any repair or replacement of a covered part arising or resulting from the use of Your Vehicle outside the United States, its territories or possessions, or Canada; (xi) totaled, salvaged or branded title vehicle’s, vehicles that have been reacquired by the manufacturer or dealer, vehicles that the dealer has disclaimed any warranty of merchantability; (xii) trucks over one ton, motorhomes and powersports vehicle’s; or (xiii) if Your Vehicle is more than 7 model years old or has more than 80,000 miles on the odometer on Your Vehicle Date of Sale.
Mechanical: This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for service adjustments/cleaning, carburetor, throttle body assembly, contaminated fuel system, water ingestion, air conditioning recharge, refrigerant, coolant, battery cables, belts, hoses, brakes (front hubs, drums, shoes, lining, disc rotors and pads), exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lights (bulbs, sealed beam and lenses), lubricants, manual clutch disc, strut inserts, shock absorbers, spark/glow plugs and wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, wheel studs, wiper blades, shop supplies, core charges, hazardous waste removal, environmental fees and any storage or freight charges. Any physical damage to Engine Block or Transmission Case is not covered.
Exterior: This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for service adjustments (glass and body parts), bright metal, bumpers, body panels, door handles, hinges, glass, moldings, outside ornamentation, convertible or vinyl tops, paint, rust, sheet metal, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), air and water leaks, weather-strip, wheel covers/ornaments, wind noise. Physical damage, alignment of bumper and body parts are not covered.
Interior: This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for buttons, carpet, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs, rearview mirror (glass and housing), trim and upholstery. Radios, tape players, compact disc players, graphic equalizers, speakers, cellular phones, theft deterrent systems, navigational systems and radar detectors.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: The total of benefits paid per repair visit under this Limited Warranty shall not exceed the greater of the then current NADA wholesale value of Your Vehicle prior to the breakdown of a covered component. The total of all benefits paid under this Limited Warranty, shall not exceed the purchase price of Your Vehicle (excluding tax, title & license fees).
MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Failure to perform the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance may result in loss of Your protection under this Limited Warranty if repairs, which would otherwise be covered, would not have been necessary had Your Vehicle been properly maintained. In such an event, upon the Issuing Dealers request, You must produce maintenance records and receipts to the Issuing Dealer to establish compliance with the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance. Failure to provide proof of compliance with the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance may result in loss of Your protection under this Limited Warranty. Costs of any maintenance services are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
TERM: The duration of Coverage under this Limited Warranty will last as long as the Vehicle listed on the front of this Warranty is owned by You. A Certificate of Ownership of the Vehicle must state Your name in order for You to receive Coverage under this Limited Warranty.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE OWNERSHIP: This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. Any change in Vehicle ownership after the Date of Sale will invalidate this Limited Warranty.
CANCELLATION: This Limited Warranty may not be cancelled as it has been provided to You by the Issuing Dealer for no consideration.
WHAT TO DO IF REPAIRS ARE NEEDED: If Your Vehicle incurs a Breakdown, You must take the following steps to file a claim:
1. Prevent Further Damage: Take immediate action to prevent further damage. This Limited Warranty will not cover the damage caused by continued operation or by not securing a timely repair of the failed component.
2. Return to the Issuing Dealer. If this is not possible, take Your Vehicle to any licensed Repair Facility.
3. Provide the Issuing Dealer or Repair Facility with a copy of Your Limited Warranty and/or Your Warranty Number.
4. Prior to any repair being made, instruct the service manager at the Issuing Dealer or Repair Facility to contact the Claims Administrator by calling 1-888-999-5292 to obtain an authorization for the claim. Any claim for repairs without prior authorization will not be covered except as provided under Emergency Repairs (#8 below).
The amount authorized by the Administrator is the maximum amount that will be paid for repairs covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty. Any additional amount must receive prior approval.
5. Authorize Tear-Down and/or Inspection: In some cases, You may need to authorize the Issuing Dealer or Repair Facility to inspect and/or tear-down Your Vehicle in order to determine the cause and cost of the repair. You will be responsible for these charges if the failure is not covered under this Limited Warranty. We reserve the right to require an inspection of Your Vehicle prior to any repair being made.
6. Review Coverage: After the Administrator has been contacted, review what will be covered by this Limited Warranty with the service manager.
7. Pay any Applicable Deductible: You must pay to the Issuing Dealer or Repair Facility any Deductible per repair visit. We will reimburse the cost of the work performed on Your Vehicle that is covered by this Limited Warranty and previously authorized, less the Deductible. Once authorization is obtained and the repair is completed, all repair orders and documentation must be submitted to the Administrator within thirty (30) days to be eligible for payment. If You cannot take Your Vehicle back to the Issuing Dealer and an alternate Repair Facility will not accept Our authorization number for payment, We can make payment by credit card.
8. Emergency Repairs: Should an emergency occur which requires a repair of a Breakdown to be made at a time when the Administrator’s office is closed, follow the claims procedures above without authorization, and We will make reimbursement to You or to the Repair Facility in accordance with the Limited Warranty provisions.
You must call the Administrator’s office within five (5) business days from the date of repair to determine if such repair will be covered by this Limited Warranty.
Your Vehicle may be covered by an extended service contract, unexpired manufacturer’s warranty or recall policy providing similar coverage afforded under this Limited Warranty. The Issuing Dealer reserves the right to seek repair or replacement under such contract in lieu of this Limited Warranty.
For claim assistance, please contact the Claims Administrator at 1-888-999-5292